Tuesday, March 5, 2013

06/03/2013 MUN

Model United Nations conference took place 3 days back. On the last moment I was asked to perform a Bollywood dance. The secretary general wanted me to dance for Sheila ki Jawani song. The song has a fast beat to it and it is definitely catchy. I performed a dance for the same song a year back for school assembly. Therefore I just had to recall my steps and practice. In the beginning I was not prepared because it was a last moment call. However it was going to be my last MUN. Hence I took the chance to perform. I think I was showing my perseverance  and dedication for MUN in general. This is because even there was a problem of practice I still  managed to be a risk taker and do a good job for the closing ceremony for MUN.MUN is an international project where students from Sri Lankan schools and International schools come and participate to debate on real life issues. Which means I became a part of the celebration in engaging in Global importance. To make sure my some of my dance steps were appropriate I had to research some new moves from other songs and add those steps to my MUN song. In this way I have automatically developed some new skills in this process. As always the experience was good. Also to be an entertainer was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment