Thursday, March 14, 2013

14/03/2013 Sneha orphanage.

Today we went to the Children's home. Instead of interacting for full one hour with the children we learn' t a lot about their past. The lady in charge was not present therefore we were not allowed to do our planned activities. However we played some children games with the kids. We took a group and inside the center we played some nursery games which they usually plan in the center. It was amusing for me because these games I last played so many years back. I felt good because some of my old memories of  being a 5 year old rushed back. We all had free fun time together. I guess this was the first time we felt free and way comfortable with the children. Simply because they are now familiar with us and we know most of them well. I think this whole part shows my commitment, perseverance and working collaboratively.   

For me the most highlighting part of the day was when I got to know how orphans play a big role in our society. On this day I learnt in all means how orphans are related  to current global issues. It was devastating to learn by which means these innocent children became apart of the Sneha orphanage. We heard lots of stories and that there are parents who are well off but  want their kids to be in an orphanage and parents come see their kids once month for 10 mintues. I felt terrible when I heard that some kids write about the hatred they have towards the society and their unknown parents.

The above pictures show the good times we had with the children. We played and had lots of fun together. 


                          All the stories about the children in the orphanage was said by the lady next to me.








No comments:

Post a Comment