Monday, October 29, 2012

12/ 10/2012

UN Day

The theme of the UN day was 'unity in diversity' our school mission. On this day my goal was to represent myself as a former MUN delegate to help the grades from 7 to 8 to understand the concept of Unity in Diversity. To further interpret the concept myself and my partner did some acitivites with the students.

Firstly we showed some a video clip about how  students in OSC defines Unity in Diversity. Then we questioned the class about their ideas on the same note. Then we switched into a different acitvity. I printed some pictures on Unity in Diversity and with the help of my partner we divided the class into two groups to identify and describe Unity in Diversity present on the picture. Later on took over the class introducing a ToK question. We debated on ' should the world use a common language to communicate' The points as a class was brillant. So many good points was spoken out and the whole class interacted very well throughout the whole session.

This was a big win for us because as students we were able take responsible on the acitivites that we introduced and the students. For this was risk taking because handling a group of intelligent students and planning appropriate work is really tough and I got through with the collabration skills I had to work with my partner. Throughout the whole planning system I was commited and well dedicated because I used the work I do in 12th grade ToK class to make a very interesting session for the 7-8th graders.Throughout the whole planning system I learnt how to be organized and exhanging ideas by engaging myself with the whole MUN committee.
These are some pictures showing my dedication, introducing different activities and being responsible
 


 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment